Friday, October 21, 2011

On the death of Mommar Qaddafi

Some guy came up to me on the street tonight and told me out of nowhere that Qaddafi was dead. I asked him: "Who's next? Obama?"

The guy says: "No. Raoul and his brother, what's his name? Castro!"

There's a guy trained to hate the official enemies. I was in a hurry to get to the liquor store so I let him pass.

In his short career, Obama has killed more people than Fidel Castro. Maybe even more than Qaddafi.

I'm undecided about Qaddafi. People I respect say he really was crazy. There's no question he was a dictator. I haven't studied his regime too closely because most of the readily available sources will be pro-USA propaganda, ... which is to say, useless bullshit.

Whatever his faults (and I'm sure there are people, ordinary Libyans, who are justifiably happy that he's dead), Qaddafi didn't die because he was a dictator.

He died because (at one time anyway) he was a genuine Arab-African nationalist.

If he'd been a complete USA stooge he could have boiled his political enemies alive on state television and he'd have been safe from US "justice."

And, the biggest threat to MY freedom wasn't Qaddafi. It's the US government. Working through their puppets in Ottawa.

4 comments:

Owen Gray said...

When the Colonel renounced his plans for weapons of mass destruction, people lined up to do business with him.

When he talked again of nationalizing the oilfields, they got worried.

thwap said...

The USA even contracted out some of their torturing work to him.

Now they hypocritically denounce him as a tyrant.

What's next for the Libyan people?

Well, nobody reports on the torture and corruption of the post-Saddam Iraq.

There's little mention of the dismal living standards of the majority in what used to be the USSR.

America's corporate media can't weep loudly enough for the victimized people of official enemies, but once the tyrants are replaced with our own stooges, the lights are turned off and they go home.

Anonymous said...

http://deanhenderson.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/lockerbie-lies-libya/

thwap said...

Anonymous,

I study history and I'm not big on all that Illuminati/Rothschilds stuff.

I read about half of your link.

I rely on Edward Herman's account of the Lockerbie case to discount that particular allegation.