Saturday, July 23, 2011

Helping the Neighbours ...

My neighbours were trying to build a tree-house for their kids, where they and their friends could play. But they didn't know what they were doing. A few broken bones later, I decided to help.

But then it occurred to me that I was really busy and I didn't want to spend any of my time or money really working on it. Plus, I didn't really know what I was doing.

Long story short, I did a shitty job. Sub-standard materials and brainless architectural engineering and etc., and there've been even more broken bones and concussions.

What I don't get is my neighbours lack of gratitude. What I REALLY don't get is that the assholes think that I'm somehow legally responsible for the accidents that happened after I helped! It's not like there weren't accidents before. Why should I be sued for having attempted to help???

ETA:

I thought I'd leave it for a day before explaining that this is the mindset of Canadians who didn't grasp the danger of getting involved in the US adventure in Afghanistan.

No comments: