Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Only Have Time For Mockery and Scorn Today

Via Canadian Cynic, we learn that Canadian blogger Brian Lemon, via KKKate Macmillan - (who got her info from empty-headed hack Matt Drudge or some other useless shithead who got it from Drudge) .... [everyone still here?] ... that CNN Iraq War correspondent Michael Ware behaved disgracefully at Senator John McCain's press conference in Baghdad.

McCain, who had contemptuously told the contemptible Wolf Blitzer that (thanks to bush II's new influx of tired, wounded soldiers) it was now quite safe, in many Baghdad neighbourhoods, for an American to enjoy a pleasant stroll. Immediately after that, Blitzer spoke to Ware, and Ware said that McCain was delusional, living in Never-Never Land.

Well, McCain was on his way to Iraq and he decided to put his words into action, ... so after the US military scoured an Iraqi marketplace for bombs, snipers, anything and everything that could be a threat, McCain strolled in and spoke to some ordinary Iraqis (who had nothing else to do since the market was locked-down basically) about all the wonderful progress the US invasion has made, or some other inconsequential garbage and puke.

Oh yeah, ... McCain was accompanied by 100 extra soldiers, 5 helicopters, and enough other military back-up to make the whole thing a ludicrous travesty.

Now, here's the "story." When McCain gave his press conference, Matt Drudge (quoting an unnamed source) says that Michael Ware heckled the ridiculous, pathetic McCain during his press conference.

Ware's heckling of the lying senator had the right-wing internet battalions in an uproar. Showing disrespect to a politician is evidently beyond the pale. Especially if that politician is lying about the world in the same manner that you are. Hence Brian Lemon, KKKate, Instapundit, LGF, and etc., etc., ad nauseum's fury.

But, not surprisingly, it turns out that Drudge's source (if there even was a source) made the whole thing up. McCain didn't say anything about being heckled. Ware denied it. And then, Ware produced video-taped evidence, ... the entire press conference, ... showing no heckling, with McCain taking questions, until Ware raised his hand and the conference mysteriously ends.

Ah shit, as I'm composing this entry, I notice that KKKate has provided a sequel to this non-story: Get ready for this. Apparently, according to a reporter rightly contemptuous of McCain's buffoonery, a journalist at the press conference "giggled." As you can see (and as KKKate herself has emphasized) the tone of the report is harsh towards McCain. ... ... ... ...

...

...

Actually, I can't be bothered with further commentary on KKKate's stupid update.


...


Any-hoooooo, .... I thought of a joke about who Matt Drudge's source was for this story. Sunni Baghdad police captain Jamail Hussein. The guy who the right-wing was in an uproar about at the time I first started this blog. Supposedly he didn't exist, and therefore all of AP's stories about the violence in Baghdad were lies.

Aside from the fact that the if AP was lying and Bagdhad was quite safe, it would make bush II's need for adding troops to restore order in Bagdhad quite incomprehensible, the unfortunate reality for the right-wing was that Jamail Hussein turned out to be real. So, these bozos then moved to doubting the accuracy of his testimony. Which again, turns out to be nonsense since their hero, bush II, still felt that conditions in Bagdhad required an extra 80,000 or so troops.

But their main point was that the MSM cannot be trusted. We can however trust the right-wing. Which gets its stories from Matt Drudge, who smears his shit all over his bathroom floor and then licks letter in it at random until he vomits, ... and then makes up a story completely at random.

Ah, fuck it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Why I bother thwap.
by Wayne

I learn something.

Some times I need a slap in the head to see the light, or mockery and scorn.

I was trying to support Brian, thinking CC was attacking him for no reason.

I finally get what CC was trying to say, after CC hit me over the head.

I did not see this as a smear!!!! I'm a sheep!!!!

Could not see it, even though it was right in front of me.

I'm not dishonest, only really dumb.

I am now starting to get what you are saying, even read a really good article at www.breadnroses.ca.

I went back to your comments at my blog, I get what you were trying to tell me. How I could not see it, I don't know. I deleted all the crap I had on my blog.

I think I am having a meltdown or an epiphany.

I owe you a big apology for being so stupid.

Anonymous said...

Wayne,

If this is all on the level, then all I can ask of you is this:

Instead of having a meltdown/ephiphany, just moderate your opinions somewhat.

If you're going to be a right-winger, left-winger, whatever, ... don't go to inarticulate, hyperventilating haters like Malkin, Drudge, and etc. or their counterparts on the left.

If you're going to debate with people and you don't really know the subject, show some humility, and also, stay on the topic.

For instance; the "fake" photos of Beirut and "green helmet guy."

If there were faked photos, there were fake photos. Fine. But there was also real carnage, then acknowledge this and what it means.

Then people can move on from there. But the initial questions have to be resolved first.

I don't know everything. But I do know what dreck is, and I do know when someone has a track record of dishonesty and dreck. And I'm pretty harsh about that. If someone proves me wrong about something, I get a little embarrassed, but also grateful.

Unknown said...

Thanks thwap, I am going to print out what you have said and read it before I comment or post.

Anonymous said...

I would just like to know why thwap (if that is your real name) isn't posting his blog entries on the front page of enMasse (where he is the FRONT PAGE EDITOR!!11!!ELEVEN!!!)... heeee.

Other than that, thwap, your blog is my "must read" first thing in the a.m.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I do.

I have to clean up this made-in-a-hurry thing, but i was thinking about putting this one up too.

Thanks for the other info Diane.