Thursday, June 25, 2009

Taking up space

That's the purpose of putting this up. I want to move some older posts down the line.

Huh. So I go to YouTube to find something to post and there's all this Michael Jackson stuff up. I'd heard earlier (at the liquor store at Gage n' Barton) that somebody had died and this young woman was saying how sad she was about it. I put two and two together. Dead at fifty. I remember that television special that showed how screwed up he was, in one part he excitedly showed the interviewer an imitation Egyptian sarcophagus that he was buying and the interview asked him: "Is this what you'd like to be buried in?" Jackson giggled nervously; "No!" he said like a little child. Then he added: "I'm not going to die. I'm going to live forever!" as if he meant it.

They got some exercise jungle-gym equipment at the park around the corner. A project by Ontario's "Participaction." I must say, some of the kids in this neighbourhood could use it. In other park news, the water-jets are up at the park on Birch Street and the little fellow got soaked in 'em.

Now, to embed two interesting YouTube links:

Actually, craziness aside, this mellowing head-banger respects Michael Jackson for his obvious gigantic talent. Poor S.O.B.

Okay ... Marlon Brando on Dick Cavett:

2 comments:

croghan27 said...

Thanks for that .... I went to youtube to see the rest of the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNd9FhfBFcY

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MErL2jRJII

here are two out of the six - worth watching.

thwap said...

croghan27,

I'm glad it worked out. I just posted something that I thought would look interesting, but the bits I saw were actually embarassing. (Brando talking about the bug that flew out of his glass, Cavett asking him if he went to the movies, Cavett's intro!)

I figured they'd eventually start talking about Native-American issues.