Thursday, August 27, 2015

Tom Mulcair is my GOD!!!!

Nah. That ain't it. He's moved the NDP to the centre. (And, on foreign policy, into alignment with war criminals and nazis.) I've heard from the former EnMasser/Rabble Babbler "Cueball" that this election's NDP platform actually has some pretty good social policies in it. Maybe.

But Mulcair was never my man. I was going to be happy with a Liberal minority to be honest. A NDP minority would be better. A NDP majority would be great because it would eliminate all doubt about whether harper has lost power or not.

But this "dipper" doesn't feel like he has sold out his principles for power. I'm used to not getting what I want. I knew who Mulcair was (except for that insane praise for Thatcherism part) before this election.

I'll say this: Mulcair won't have a fight on his hands if he becomes prime minister. It would be nice to think the people opposed to the Tar Sands, and Israeli war crimes and Thatcherism would put pressure on Mulcair; but as I saw with harper, us types are no good at even knowing what "pressure" is. We certainly don't know how to apply it.

I do hope for a return to a respect for parliamentary procedures and oversight.

2 comments:

greg said...

Just saying hi. How are you.

Actually, it's been a while....you may not even remember me.

That's okay.

thwap said...

hi greg.