Monday, July 22, 2019

"Cueball" has passed on.

Back in the days that I was a participant on rabble.ca's discussion board: "Babble" there was a member of the participants who called himself "Cueball." I pictured him as a very intense, serious, Palestinian of slender build and medium height.  When we finally met up in person (with some other "babblers") he turned-out to be an extremely tall, broad-chested white guy who was often smiling and laughing.

He joined the exodus to "EnMasse" but dropped-out after the site descended into a useless sniping bitch-fest of dwindling membership. For all I know, he went back to "Babble." (I never did.)

After I moved to Toronto, "Cueball" helped to show me around. And our two kids entertained each other as we took them to parks and museums and what-not. We sort of drifted apart when the kids went to school and I started working again. But we kept in touch and I was at a party of his just a few months ago.

Anyway, if it means anything to anybody who still reads this blog, "Cueball" has passed-away. A heart-attack from completely out of the blue. He was only a few years older than I am. He was a very impressive individual. From what I'm hearing from his longer-term friends in the 3-d world, he was apparently a very productive organizer and agitator back in the day. I'm having difficulty comprehending how such a large man with an out-sized personality can really be gone.


No comments: