Some people REALLY don't like change. It's unsettling. Threatening. Hence, they don't like immigrants. They don't like people embracing non-traditional gender roles. They hate challenges to their religion. Basically, if they grew up with cars, air-conditioners, bbq's, television, etc., ... they imagine that it's always been this way and that there's no reason to change. So Global Warming is a hoax. COVID is a hoax. And they need a Big Daddy leader to stand up against the sources of change and make everything all right.

2 comments:
Ayup.
To some extent I kind of sympathize with that aspect of it. I'm often not happy about change, although that's partly because so much of the change does objectively suck. But looking at, say, Large Language Model AI, sure, I hate it because of a lot of really good reasons, but I'm also just instinctively like "I'm used to people doing the thinking, that's how it always was, the idea of having something else doing it bugs me!"
Where I have a problem is with people thinking their psychological discomfort is more important than other people's real harm. MAGA types feeling nervous about gays or trans or immigrants is not more important than gays or trans or immigrants having decent lives. Especially when it's so fucking obvious that all their nervousness is being whipped up by creeps to stop them from paying attention to who's causing their REAL problems (the Epstein class).
No-talent assholes like Ben Shitpiro and Dave Rubin are definitely subsidized by the Epstein class. But reading your comment made me wonder who is paying for an promoting racist incel idiot Nick Fuentes?
Post a Comment