Sunday, July 25, 2010

No Accountability, No Consequences

Back to dissing the USA's political culture, because it's easy. Also, when I get the time, I'll talk about the intellectual and moral sewer that Canada's political culture is becoming and I want to give that subject the attention it deserves.

But I really do want to talk about how the slimy, smarmy, stupid, weaselly, Alberto Gonzales got a pass from the shit-head Obama administration allowing him to escape the consequences for what was a seriously repulsive and revolting act, that being the political firing of federal prosecutors. As I said at the time:
Just thought that I'd mention that I think the prosecutors scandal being uncovered in the United States is a big deal and it might very well signal the end of the bush II regime.

As Glenn Greenwald is trying to explain to the absolutely ridiculous Washington punditocracy, using the Justice Department as a partisan weapon against one's enemies (including using it as a tool for voter suppression), and preventing said Justice Department from prosecuting the extreme corruption of one's partisan allies, ... and lying about all of this under oath to Congress, ... is a big deal.

But, as I said, in the interests of "looking forward" the Obama Justice Department has decided that there's nothing to be gained by making the Repugs look bad and nothing to be gained by criminalizing behaviour that they might want to pursue themselves.

So, once again, the US political system shows itself to be a miasma of blatant criminality and vomit.

And Alberto Gonzales, the laughing-stock torturer, the bumbling public cretin, the incompetent, sick, cowardly stooge, gets to portray himself as a victim.
"What is it that I did that is so fundamentally wrong, that deserves this kind of response to my service?"
"For some reason, I am portrayed as the one who is evil in formulating policies that people disagree with. I consider myself a casualty, one of the many casualties of the war on terror." (Emphasis added by me, thwap.)
As I said: vomit.

No comments: