Saturday, May 26, 2007

Mitch Hedberg

I guess that i should point out that I'm on vacation from posting anything significant for the weekend. Now that GDKitty and skdadl have taught me the mysteries of embedding youtube links, I'll regale yeez with these things until I'm ready to post again on Monday.

I'm kind of out of the loop, so I only discovered stand-up comic Mitch Hedberg yesterday, two years after he died. His whimsical flights of fancy are really funny at times, and his delivery makes them extra-endearing. Listen for the bits about fish and ducks. Well, here goes:




For those not in the know, yesterday's comic was "the loveable lush" Foster Brooks, on the Dean Martin Show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mitch was great!!

Other wonderful lines

Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2000 of something.

An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.